On This Page

  • FAQ's

    • Do I have to appear in court?

      Personal injury cases do get settled before you go to trial. So, you are unlikely to be required to appear in court.

      The settlements that we reach with the insurance companies have been called before the scheduled dates of the trials.

    • Is it necessary to involve my health insurance?

      Suppose your health insurance paid the expenses for the treatment of injuries caused in the accident. In that case, the company is entitled to recover part of those expenses, with what you receive as compensation.

      Before you even speak to an attorney, you may receive a notice from the doctor or hospital mentioning the right of subrogation against all the compensation you receive from the lawsuit.

    • What if I was injured in an accident that was my fault?
      You can receive reimbursement for medical expenses if the insurance policy covers them. Still, you will not accept payments for moral damages in case of causing the accident.
    • What is an insurance adjuster, and what is their job?

      A person who works in an insurance company is looking to save expenses caused by lawsuits. Among his activities, this employee will try to obtain information to reduce the amount of the claim.

      It is best to speak with an attorney first before declaring anything in front of an adjuster.

    • Is it costly to hire a lawyer?
      We do not charge in advance. The services we offer at will be free until an agreement is reached with the insurance company for your case.
    • When is it necessary to hire a lawyer?

      As soon as you have become involved in an incident or accident. We want to ensure that you have our support and that your rights are protected from the start, preferably before speaking with your insurance company.

      If you decide to contact the insurer first, don’t let too much time pass by before contacting us for guidance and support.

    • Why do I need a lawyer?

      The experience of a professional will always be of great help throughout any legal process. Although you have the right to represent yourself, it is advisable to seek assistance from a specialist.

      We can support you in the following ways:

      • Protect your legal rights.
      • Help you understand the laws related to your case and the judicial system.
      • Send you to the right doctors to treat you and ensure that you receive the best care.
      • Represent you in conversations with the insurance company.
      • Explain all the options available to you throughout your case.
      • Tell you everything you need, in order to receive fair compensation.
      • Negotiate a fair settlement from your insurance.
      • Explain the pros and cons in your case and advice on how best to proceed.
    • Can you extend the time of my visa?

      To extend the time of your visa or apply for an adjustment of status, you must file Form I-539 before the expiration date of your visa.

      It is necessary to have the advice of a trusted lawyer to carry out this procedure, please contact us and we can help you.

    • How can I apply for asylum?
      The United States can provide asylum to those who are fleeing their native country for persecution based on race, religion, nationality, membership in social groups, or political opinion; Immigrants can apply for asylum at ports of entry to the United States by filing Form I-859, along with their application and a withholding of removal, to avoid being deported from the United States for one year.
    • What is naturalization? How can I become a legal citizen of the United States?

      Naturalization is a legal process with which a permanent resident can receive US citizenship, after having lived at least 5 years within the United States, and after passing a civics test in English, once approved they must take an oath to become in naturalized citizen.

      In the case of being the spouse of a United States citizen, naturalization only requires 3 years of legal residence in the United States.

    • How can I get my residence card (Green Card)?

      There are two ways you can receive your Residence Card (Green Card); The first is through a direct relative, if someone in your family is a permanent resident or a United States citizen, they can make a request so that you can have legal residence.

      The second way is to enter the country legally with a non-immigrant visa, and apply for an adjustment of status.

      An experienced lawyer like ours can always guide you correctly to carry out the process successfully.

    • What are the different types of visas?
      There are several types of visas for different purposes, they are classified as Non-Immigrant Visa, referring to visas for specific times; and the Immigrant Visa, also known as the Green Card.