Commercial truck accidents are among the deadliest of all traffic accidents. Their size and weight in comparison with other vehicles on the road can cause serious or catastrophic injuries as well as death to others in a collision. Unfortunately, accidents involving 18-wheelers, tankers, and other commercial trucks occur every year in Nevada and across the U.S. Filing a personal injury claim against negligent truck drivers and their insurers can be a complex matter that calls for the services of an experienced attorney.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a trucking accident in Las Vegas, Reno, Sparks, Carson City, or Lake Tahoe, Fuerza Law can help. Our truck accident lawyers in Nevada work closely with all of our clients throughout all steps of the legal process as we seek maximum compensation for what you have suffered.
Starting with our free consultation, we are here to protect your rights under Nevada law. We understand how devastating a truck accident can be to you and your family in terms of physical, emotional, and financial loss.
Truck accidents can involve any type of commercial truck, including not only 18-wheelers and tankers but cement trucks, garbage trucks, freight trucks, delivery trucks, moving vans, and more.
When you have been injured in a truck accident due to negligence or carelessness, it can be difficult to establish all those who may be at fault. Various parties may have contributed to the crash. Also, since the trucking industry is regulated by local, state, and federal laws, these factors make a truck accident case more complicated than other traffic accidents.
Those who may be held liable in a truck accident can include:
- The truck driver. Drivers who break traffic law, drive while intoxicated, drowsy, or distracted or violate state or federal trucking regulations may be responsible for accidents.
- The truck owner. If the owner of the truck is a third party, he or she may be held responsible if the truck has not been properly inspected and maintained according to government specifications.
- The trucking company. These companies can be liable for the actions of their drivers as well as for negligence in failing to properly train drivers, maintain their trucks, or hold drivers to laws about service hours and more. Drivers may be pressured to violate law in order to maintain tight schedules and deadlines, thus driving when they are tired.
- Cargo loaders. These companies may be held liable if they improperly loaded or overloaded cargo. When trucks are overloaded, they can be difficult to control and fail to operate according to manufacturer's guidelines.
- Truck manufacturers. Manufacturers of trucks and their component parts may be liable if their products are shown to be defective which leads to mechanical failure and accidents.
In any truck accident claim, an intensive investigation must be done to determine those who caused or contributed to the accident. This is a vital step that needs to be done independently to gather and preserve evidence before it can be lost or even obscured by trucking company employees.
Why Choose us as Your Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas?
Truck accident claims are complex legal cases that should be handled by an experienced law firm for optimum results. These companies and their insurers will work hard to limit or deny their liability in paying you for all of your damages. At Fuerza Law, we fight back by supporting your claim with vital evidence and documentation.
Our goal is to help you secure the compensation to which you are entitled for your medical costs, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and any other applicable damages.